World Cup 2022: Cameroon, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia qualified if…
These are the scenarios that qualify African teams to the 8th finals
- Victory against Ecuador
- Draw against Ecuador, imperative and goals. Victory for Qatar over the Netherlands with a difference greater than 2 goals
- Victory against France, draw between Australia and Denmark
- Australia wins against France and Denmark, but with a smaller score
- Canada: Victory
- Draw against Canada
- Canada’s defeat and victory for Croatia against Belgium
- Victory against Brazil and draw with Switzerland and Serbia and Switzerland are not more important than Cameroon
- Victory against Brazil and victory against Switzerland for Serbia, but with a goal difference that is lower than that of Cameroon
- Victory over Uruguay
- Draw against Uruguay, South Korea defeat Portugal by less than two goals
You can also read about the same topic here: World Cup 2022: The lessons of the second day for African teams
What regulation says that a tie can be decided between two or three teams?
1- General goal difference
2- Best attack (most goals scored).
3- Direct confrontations
4- Goal difference in head-to-head matches
5- The number of goals scored during matches between the teams.
6- Disciplinary class with yellow and red tickets (1 point for a yellow or red card received by a member of the team, not followed by an exppulsion), 3 points to a second warning (synonymous/red card), 4 points to a direct redcard, 5 points to a direct expulsion for a player already warned
This article was first published on Sport News Africa.